Friday, May 8, 2009

YOU SAW WHAT?


Manta Ray about 2 feet from me as he came to surface.
These honu faces are always at the bouy lines to say "aloha" as we swim by.


A group of dancing dolphins

Mom and baby dolphin 
Mom and baby dolphins


BUMMER OF ALL BUMMERS, having had two underwater cameras, they both quit working due to condensation, so I am cameraless now, until I can get another one.
The water has warmed up considerably and is really clear so swimming has gotten back to "I can not wait to get in the water " thing again.

While out yesterday, I noted a beautiful Manta Ray and swam with him for quite a while out to the Kona Reef. As I was coming back in, I saw several heads bobbing  at the Kings Buoy. As usual, I did not stop to chit chat. When I got back in they said they had been visited by a Monk Seal at the buoy. A Monk Seal? I missed it?  Oh well, if I had seen it, I would have been bummed to not have had a camera. Hawaiian Monk Seals are endangered and protected here on the Islands. They are very rare to see.

There were also Dolphins which apparently I also missed. I guess I was too focused on the Manta Ray. Today was a brief fly by by the Dolphins and just beautiful clear and warm water. We have had Dolphins almost everyday and it is spring fling time for them. It is fun to watch as they frolic and are  amorous with one another (woooo who!). 

I could have swam all day. Until I get new cameras in hand, I will post some past pictures. Aloha and a hui hou

    


No comments: